In this episode we will interview Don Anderson (Casias) regarding the 12+ years he worked as Sr. Vice President of Patron & Partner Services for FamilySearch for the Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Topics we will discuss today include:
– The process for name extraction, and the challenge to find enough names for temple work.
– The use and occasional re-use of ordinance names for temple work.
– The tendency to harvest names of famous people to do their temple work. – The controversy around the performance of ordinances for holocaust victims.
– Concerns around the ability to prevent temple work from being done for those who do not desire the work.
– The Mormon genealogy industry. – How FamilySearch handles the history of deceased church leaders.
– His interactions with LDS apostles during his work there.
– His own story/faith journey.
– And much, much more!