The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Mormon Cannery (LDS) – 1 Year Supply For 1 Person – Who, What, When, Where, Why?

We went to the Mormon cannery to purchase some staple foods. We ended up with a 1 year’s supply for 1 person to compliment our current food storage. I included a link below that shows what they recommend for 1 year 1 person supply. I also put a link below so you can order this online if you don’t have a cannery near you.

Purchase Online: https://store.lds.org

BYU.edu (1 year for 1 person suggestion) Once at the site, search “food” on their site): http://ndfs.byu.edu

14 Comments

1. Lee Daniels on October 29, 2018 at 6:10 pm

We used to be able to check out a #10 can sealer but that is no longer available and each empty can with lid was one dollar. I loved that because I could can "organic" powdered milk, wheat, rice, beans, apples and sugar. The government just can’t leave churches & freedom alone. I guess gmo foods are better than nothing if you have no other choice. Now, I buy the few #10 can organic foods retail but must vacuum seal in Qt jars otherwise. It keeps well but if we have an earthquake a third of my food could well be destroyed. The people at the cannery are very pleasant to deal with.

2. lonestarebel on October 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm

bought my basics from lds church.. before the feds closed down the canning operations ,they are very helpful loving folks… saved a bunch of money and enjoyed canning my own items several times with them.. plan to purchase their precanned goods in the future..

3. Wanda Duckworth on October 29, 2018 at 6:22 pm

do you have a list of all the food they sale ….not that much on their page,,maybe im on wrong page

4. Judy A. Shroads on October 29, 2018 at 6:26 pm

I like that you are thinking ahead. You’ll need 4000 to 5000 calories a day if shtf or a disaster in your area. The work that’s involved when the lights are out is unimaginable. Cutting trees, how to cook, do you have enough water stored, how to shower, where to sleep, bathroom ?etc. Also prep goodies, candy, choc chips etc. It helps morale. Good luck.

5. Everyday Food Storage with Crystal Godfrey on October 29, 2018 at 6:32 pm

Love this!!

6. Eileene Clark on October 29, 2018 at 6:33 pm

9/19/18…..Good ideas with necessary info. I was on my smartphone looking for LDS Cannery site just last night….
    so somehow I was led both to
    the site + to your video within 12 hrs. A true miracle for trying to prep/put away food safely during
    this time of much civil problems here in America.
    Glad to see the SIZE of the cans b/c I couldn’t figure out #10 can since I likecti cook & bake but have NO experience in canning or dry freezing or making jerky—NONE of those old fashioned "country" ways to put up food items.
    I’m going to watch your video again—then Googke other LDS Cannery/food items & ideas….
    make my list of food items & go to nearest location 1+ hr from my home.
    Like Larry the cable guy says—GET HER DONE!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

7. Lewis Dixon on October 29, 2018 at 6:38 pm

Can you buy from them if you aren’t LDS?

8. Lynn Tomk on October 29, 2018 at 6:39 pm

I bought a years supply from a Wise type company and I realized, too, that there is missing food items that are essential to good health. I’ve been pecking away at buying freeze dried meat, veggies and fruit. I found the LDS.org by accident and have ordered supplies from them. Very reasonably priced. Good review.

9. Rita Richardson on October 29, 2018 at 6:40 pm

Fantastic.

10. dennis Tapia on October 29, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Do you have a list of the food you bought for the 1 year food storage for the cannery

• James Norris on November 12, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Check with your local Latter Day Saint bishop. He can give you the information you need. Or if you happen to see the missionaries of the church, ask them….they can also help. The list of what I bought is not really relevant, each family/person has different taste. …Good hunting

11. Michael Horsford on October 29, 2018 at 6:50 pm

nice size stack for the money i say good deal stay alert stay alive !

12. Kathy Coombs on October 29, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Wise is terrible food. Mountain House is better. LDS is awesome!

13. shadomane on October 29, 2018 at 7:05 pm

My father was a High Priest in the Mormon church in American Samoa which is where he was originally from and many of my other family members from that side of the family¬†are Mormons as well. I myself am not a Mormon as I wasn’t raised by my father. I must say that my father was a very good man and very blessed and in all my life most of the Mormon people I have met are very good God loving people.